25 Apr 2023

The Lunar Explorer HAKUTO-R

I don't know why space rockets excite me. Tonight is the night of the landing of HAKUTO-R on the moon. This rocket contains some types of equipment for experiments; the Rashid rover (designed by MBRSC, UAE); a transformable lunar robot SORA-Q (JAXA and some Japanese companies and a university); an artificial intelligence flight computer (MCSS, Canada) and so on. HAKUTO-R was launched on 11th December 2022, and it will reach the moon's surface soon. The landing will be broadcast on YouTube tonight.
 

Interestingly, one of the companies that helped create the transformable lunar robot was Takara Tomy. They are the famous toy maker in Japan. Come to think of it, they certainly produce toy robots, but I never thought that toy companies could help create a robot for lunar exploration.

The landing time will be midnight here in Australia. I wonder if I will be able to stay awake until that time.
I hope HAKUTO-R can land on the moon safely and the experiment goes well.

No comments:

Post a Comment