28 Oct 2019

My Unsolved Puzzle Collection + the Latest information of Pluredro

There are lots of puzzle collectors in the world. I myself am not a collector, but against my will, I am becoming an unsolved puzzle collector. The puzzles in my collection are very difficult and my "unsolved puzzle collection" is unlikely to decrease.

I will introduce some of them.
I bought "Half Cut" designed by Laszlo Molnar last year because I like block types of puzzles. I thought that I could solve it within two or three weeks, but, in fact, it took about four months. Although I did not play with it every day, that was way too long. If you like difficult puzzles, it worth trying it.

Half Cut

Anyway, I had been struggling with it and finally solved it. It was such a nice feeling and I was so full of myself and I bought "Cube AC" designed by Vaclav Obsivac. I was motivated at that time. However, my motivation did not last long. "Cube AC" is harder than "Half Cut." It is SUPER difficult. I do not think that I can solve it.
One unsolved puzzle has been added to my collection.

Cube AC

Then, I have got a "MARTIAN Jigsaw Puzzle." It was designed by George Sicherman and used as an exchange puzzle at IPP39 in Kanazawa, Japan. It is a 2-dimensional puzzle, so I underestimated it. Contrary to my expectation, "MARTIAN" is very difficult too! I gave up trying to solve it. Another one has joined my "Unsolved puzzle collection."

Martian Diamond

After that, I had challenged one of our puzzles, Loopy Cube #1. It was supposed to be easier than "Cube AC" and in fact, I could solve it. I was a very nice feeling when I could solve the puzzle. All right, my motivation returned. 

Loopy Cube #1

Then, I got over myself again. What I had an eye on next was a prototype of Loopy Cube #2 which is currently under production. It looks like the previous Loopy Cube #1, but the difficulty level is different. #2 is harder than #1. I have already been playing with it every day for four days, but it does not seem I could solve it. I think this puzzle has a peculiarity. Usually, if you play with a cube puzzle, you can assemble several pieces, then probably you notice that it is not a good combination and you reassemble pieces again. In the case of Loopy Cube #2, as soon as I assembled only three pieces, I could see that the combination was wrong. It is funny that I can tell it is wrong just by seeing only three pieces. I know, you may think if I can see the wrong combination just after assembling three pieces, why couldn't I solve it. Yes, I am wondering the same too.
I do not want to add to my "Unsolved puzzle collection" anymore, so I will do my best and hopefully, I want to solve "MARTIAN Jigsaw Puzzle" and "Cube AC" as well.

This blog is my personal blog, but I will tell you a little about Pluredro's latest information in advance.
As I have written the above, we are currently making "Loopy Cube #2" and "Grooved 6 Board Burr #4." I am very sure that those two puzzles are SUPER difficult. "Loopy Cube #2" looks like a block with only nine L shape pieces, but as I have written, it is tough.

We are unsure when we will be able to start selling those puzzles. We are also making one more puzzle now. It is a puzzle box that is a type of sequential discovery. This puzzle will need lots of days to complete. 

Happy difficult puzzling!

18 Sep 2019

Sequential Discovery and my favorite puzzles on auction

Hello, puzzle lovers. 

This blog is my personal blog and is not the official blog of Pluredro, but I couldn't stop myself from writing what is going on now because one of puzzles on an auction is my favorite type of puzzle. This time, there are two kinds of puzzles, in total four puzzles is on an eBay auction.

My favorite type of puzzle is "Juno's Checker Pentominoes." As you can know from the name, the puzzle shape is pentomino. Probably, you may think it would be an easy puzzle. However, the combination of placement of the pieces is difficult and the solution is unique to make a 5 x 4 x 3 cuboid or a 12 5 rectangle. I LOVE this kind of puzzle very much. 

There are three "Juno's Checker Pentominoes" on the auction. One is made with American black walnut, the other one is Jarrah, and the other one is Utile. This puzzle has a tray that was made with Bubinga which was made by me.

Please note that "Juno's Checker Pentominoes” will NOT be sold on Pluredro. It is only for selling on eBay auction this time. Please do not miss this opportunity.

The second puzzle is a sequential discovery that looks like an ordinary board burr puzzle. It's named Sequential Discovery Board Burred Box. If you were a reader of Pluredroblog, you may know the former sequential discovery puzzle Pluredro had sold "Sequential Discovery Burred Box." The puzzle we have put on an auction looks similar to "Sequential Discovery Burred Box", but of course, it is not the same.

This puzzle has elaborate making. I have worked on sanding for a long time, so I guarantee that they have smooth touch. Therefore, it took a long time of production process nearly the same as Slammed Car.

The puzzle that is on the auction made with pine. The puzzles we are going to sell after finishing the auction were made with American Rock Maple and Utile and price will be AUD392.00

The half of the sales amount would be donated as we have always done. Looking forward to lots of puzzle lovers to join!