29 Oct 2018

Puzzle T-16

What kind of puzzles do you like?
I like three-dimensional puzzles, but sometimes I feel like challenging flat puzzles, like pentominoes.

I used to play with pentominoes when I was small, and honestly, I got tired of it a little. So, I had been looking for something else. Then, a good opportunity came. Juno gave me some timber that couldn't be used for normal sized puzzles.

It was the time for making mini-puzzles!

I wanted to make something that had not ever been made. What I decided to make was T-16 designed by Juno in 1990. As you can guess from the name, T-16 has 16 T shaped pieces and each piece has a different length. Here is a picture of T-16's pieces. You see, there are odd shaped T pieces.


At first, I was going to make flat pieces, but Juno said that T-16 can be played for two level packing. If so, it seems to be a nice idea to have a box for packing T-16. I thought that I could make it because I have made a flat box for the puzzle "Holey Rectangle" before.
However, it was difficult to make a box with no gaps.
Just in case I made mistakes, I made five boxes for four pairs of T-16s. The results were, luckily, I could make five boxes well.



Well, what I mean "well" is based on my standard, you know? These are boxes I made. I think they are not bad. What do you think?



The boxes I made are for the packing of 8 x 8 for the lower level and 6 x 6 for the upper level. This is a little awkward shaped isn't it? I haven't played with it yet, but I'm sure it's not as easy as it looks.



What? Why did I make four pairs of T16?
One day you'll understand.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment