16 Oct 2018

Holey Rectangle

Today, I would like to show you a puzzle I made. I mean it's not my design, of course. This is "Holey Rectangle" designed by Juno a long time ago. This is the puzzle that makes 16 holes with packing all the pieces into a 6 x 8 rectangle.

It seems like there are more people who love 3D puzzles rather than 2D puzzles. I usually like 3D puzzles, but it's nice to play with flat puzzles like this sometimes.
I don't know how difficult this is. Honestly, I haven't succeeded to solve it yet. If you are my blog reader, you may know that I have two unsolved puzzles; Half Cut and Tricky Dick. Maybe, I have added one more unsolved puzzle to the collection.

Talking about woodworking, it was my first experience of making a proper box.
I think I could make it well. What do you think?
I was going to make more extra "Holey Rectangles", but I couldn't get enough timber. If I could make another copy of this puzzle, I thought I can put it on eBay auction as I have done before. Maybe next time.

Have a nice puzzling day!

Juno's World: Holey Rectangle
http://www.polyhedra.jp/puzzle/holey-rectangle01-e.html

No comments:

Post a Comment