26 Jul 2018

My Challenge to make mini-puzzles - H Burr

Hello, dear readers. How have you been doing?
Me? I have been making mini-puzzles.

My husband, Juno, had prepared several beautiful thin timbers for me, and I have made small versions of Juno's 6 Borad Burr #1, #2 and #3. Luckily, the CNC router hasn't been used and it's lucky for me.
This time, I have made H Burr which was designed by Juno.
This puzzle was sold at Pelikan, Czech, Torito, Japan and Mr Puzzle (Improved H Burr also called H Box Burr) long ago and I don't think any other shops are selling this puzzle anymore. I have heard that someone made and sold this puzzle, but it's all shams. It's quite annoying there are people who use someone's idea for their business without asking. I've got permission to use his design, of course so these mini-puzzles I have made are not shams. You know, good manners exist even between husband and wife.
Juno recommended me to use Burmese teak for H Burr. It was the first time to use teak for me and it made me surprised because I could feel oil on the surface of the timber. It felt like a timber that is coated with wax. The teak looks very beautiful and is used for various uses as excellent high-quality materials.

However, teak has a high silica content and it easily blunts tools. Every timber has both good points and bad points.

All right, I'll show you my first H Burr mini version. Ta-dah!

This is the first H Burr I have made. Looking good, isn't it?
The length, breadth and height are 4.2 cm (1.65 in) each.
I'm satisfied with the finished H Burr and have decided to make two or three more sets of H Burr.

Happy mini-puzzling!

No comments:

Post a Comment