15 Apr 2018

Ignorance is Bliss

Recently, I saw a comedy movie "The Bucket List."
Two men who were suffering from cancer are the main characters. Morgan Freeman plays a car mechanic, Carter and Jack Nicholson plays Edward who is a billionaire hospital owner. In the movie, there is a word that often appears in the conversations, Kopi Luwak. Kopi Luwak is the world's most expensive coffee and Edward loves it.


In nearly the last scene in the movie, Carter told Edward that Kopi Luwak is made from coffee beans that are eaten and defecated by the Asian palm civet. Therefore, it is also called civet poop coffee. They both laughed, and it didn't make Edward disappointed, but it doesn't always go like that. There is something happier about not knowing the truth.

I have a similar experience that Edward experienced. When I was an office worker in Tokyo, I was drinking a cup of coffee with other colleagues and a man who was holding part of the coffee machine came to us and said "Damn! There is a dead cockroach in the coffee bean filter!" What he was holding was a part of the coffee machine that I and my colleagues had just poured coffee from! "Come on! You were not supposed to say that!" It was winter, and the cockroach sneaked into the coffee machine which was warm. I tried to think scientifically, not emotionally. "It's alright, don't worry. Coffee is made from boiled water and all the germs must have been killed...I hope."

These things can be happening everywhere.
I used to go to the local library. I like mystery novels, but a guy warned me to not borrow mystery novels from the library. Can you guess why?He said someone wrote a criminal's name in the beginning of the book page.
There are people who do unnecessary things, aren't there?

Oh, I was almost forgot. Before I finish today's journal, I have to say one thing. 
After we drank a cup of coffee with an extract essence of cockroach, we were all fine.😃☕

No comments:

Post a Comment