20 May 2024

My Challenge to Make a Marble Run Machine - Honey Dipper

I added a new component to my marble run machine. I want to say that I made it, but actually, my husband made it. I just attached it to the board.
My husband named it the Honey Dipper because it looks like the head of a honey dipper. 
It's a cylinder with a spiral groove dug around it. The balls can roll inside the groove.
 
 
Making spiral grooves with a CNC router is quite challenging. I've never tried, but I gave up.
It was also challenging for my husband because he used a new part of the CNC for the first time. The result was excellent. It was done so well that it was hard to believe it was the very first time.
Here's the honey Dipper. It's hung from the bracket, so when the ball comes, it swings a little. 


Looking back on each function of the marble run machine I made, nothing looks similar. I intentionally did it because it would be fun to have various functions. Until today, I could think of design ideas, but it's getting more difficult to think of new functions. I don't want to use a similar design; if so, I have to think of something new. Then, the more I made, the more I ran out of options.

That said, this has happened before, but I've somehow managed it. I believe in my own ability to think of new ideas.
I'm sure I'll come up with something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment