7 Oct 2023

More and More Pot Mats

I've been working on making my marble run parts. The marble run should have been completed in the plan already by now. The reality is it's still on the way.

I know the reason. It's because I've been through a lot of trial and error.
Then, here they are. After trial and error, many gears and strange parts remained that couldn't be used for the marble run.


Almost every time I made useless parts, I said, "I made pot mats" out of chagrin. They can actually be used as pot mats. Small gears could be coasters.
I once thought I could make something using these gears but designing them to fit already existing gears was more difficult than creating a new one, so I gave up.


I made a new big pot mat using the MDF yesterday. Actually, I was going to make a new part for the marble run and failed. My husband said sarcastically that the pot mat was needlessly elaborate in design. Well, these holes and gaps can release heat efficiently. I know that's a poor excuse.


My current situation is like resembling the last stage of a packing puzzle. What I mean is that when you first start putting pieces into a box, you can go on and on, but as the box fills up with the pieces, you gradually struggle that you can no longer easily put pieces into the box.

Yes, I totally hit a wall. What I usually do when I hit the wall, whether it's a  plasterboard or
brick wall, the best way is to do something different; watching movies, listening to music or making something completely different can work.

Now, I worry that I cannot complete the marble run until the end of this year. It's not a big issue because there's no deadline, but I want to finish it as soon as possible. I'll see what will happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment