28 Feb 2023

Rob Ives's Paper Crafts

There are so many creative people in the world. I found some of them through Twitter. One of my favourites is Rob Ives's creations. He's famous for paper crafts.
He occasionally updated his new paper craft on Twitter. It's a paper-made automaton. I saw a pretty rabbit rotating a wire handle yesterday; it's called "CRANK RABBIT." The structure of "CRANK RABBIT" is simple, yet I cannot help watching it.



He usually uses paper, wine corks and wire that anyone can get easily. This is what I admire about his work. He can think of unique designs and make them happen using ordinary materials. Not everyone can do it. It's like cooking something extraordinary with very ordinary groceries that can be served at a five-star restaurant. It wouldn't surprise you to see a treat cooked with expensive groceries.  What I have learned from him was the importance of ideas and how to show them.

I'm making a marble run machine. Luckily, I have some ideas for it, but I think I should consider more before making each part. Everyone has different tastes, so it's impossible to make everybody enjoy it, yet I would like to make a marble run machine that everyone cannot help but watch.

 

Here is the link to Rob Ives's website and Twitter.
If you are interested in linkage, you would love them.


https://www.robives.com/
https://twitter.com/robives

No comments:

Post a Comment