13 Jan 2023

My Challenge to Make a Marble Run Machine - The Bridging Rail

I finished making one of the components I want to make and tried it out immediately yesterday. It is a rail between the big gear and the chain.
 
A ball that is carried from the bottom gear, the middle gear, to the top gear drops onto this rail and rolls to the chain. Then, the ball is picked up by a magnet on the chain.
Having made this rail, the two lifting systems, three gears, and the chain are complete. It was really a huge accomplishment.
The next step would be making a gear with a handle. This gear will be the power source. I am going to make it as it can be used with a motor as well. It is no problem when I play with the marble run machine. However, if someone visits me and rotates the handle too fast, the machine might get broken. Therefore, arranging an alternative use, the handle and the motor is essential.


The machine has only the lifting system now, yet it can be played with. I pop several stainless balls into the lower gear and rotate it. It is fun to watch the balls moving up and high. I am happy even though I haven't finished it yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment