10 May 2022

The Fact I Didn't Want to Realize

The puzzle that my husband and I have been working on since July last year has finally been completed. I deeply realized it was easier to make linear objects, but it takes a long time to make things like animal shapes.

Since we have been busy, the backyard and roof of our house haven't been maintained well enough. So, we got things tidy last week. I was in charge of the garden beds. My husband did a cleanup of the roof gutters.

We knew one of the gutter ends always overflowed when it rained. Probably, it had got a lot of fallen leaves inside. Then, he took it apart from the gutters. He just pulled it, I saw one giant frog drop from the gutter end. It was a big Australian green tree frog.

He/she dropped to the ground and looked quite grumpy, making a noise. Then, we found ten more frogs in the gutter end. All of them were Australian green tree frogs. Maybe, they were going to hibernate there. The frogs all looked unhappy when they were suddenly thrown out.
Sorry, mate.

I don't have the opportunity to see so many frogs, and I took some photos. I think they are cute, don't you agree? There was an unexpected encounter, but eventually, we were happy that we could clean it.


However, I believe an easy, happy ending wouldn't make the story interesting, would it? I wouldn't betray your expectations. The story hasn't finished yet.

On the night of the cleaning up, we had dinner feeling well. The gutter end won't overflow anymore. It's a crisp feeling!
Just at that time, my husband suddenly said, "Didn't you notice?"
"Notice what?"
"There were frogs in the gutter end which means, you know?"
I finally realized an awful fact.

Rainwater runs into the gutters, and gutter ends. Then, water goes into the rainwater tank. Can you guess why we are keeping rainwater in the tank? It's for drinking!
Yes, we have been drinking the water after the frogs had bathed. I also noticed worse things. They don't go to the toilet like us, do they? That's disgusting!
What we recognized was quite awful, disgusting, foul, or whatever the vocabulary I have cannot express well enough.

Today's blog post has nothing to do with puzzles, yet it was a bit of a gobsmacked fact, so I have written about it.
Before I end today's blog post, I should say this.

We are in pretty good health status, thanks.


 


No comments:

Post a Comment