19 Aug 2018

I need it because ...

I had a co-worker who could use language skillfully. To put it another way, she was good at making excuses. I had been believing that I hadn't made clumsy excuses like she had done, but one day, I noticed that I also make excuses, not to others, but to myself.

My excuse is used under the same circumstances. When I want to buy a book, I make an excuse to myself. I'm not a big spender and I know that I don't have to make such an excuse, but I do it. It is because I tend to buy books easily and I don't finish reading some of them. This is my bad habit. That's why I hesitate to buy a new book.
A couple of days ago, one book caught my eye and I could not resist reading it, it's "This Explains Everything: Deep, Beautiful, and Elegant Theories of How the World Works." It seems interesting!

I looked at a website that has a rating of books. I found that several people rated a low score and those results made me a little disappointed, only a little. There are also several people who rated a high score on that book. I was at a loss whether I should buy it.
I need an excuse to myself, you know?

I wrote whether I should buy it or not buy it on my Twitter. Then, one of my followers said to me "The time when you want to read it is the best time to read it!"
Oooh, don't say that!

Then I found the best reason that I should buy it. My birthday is coming soon. All right, I'll buy a birthday gift for myself. I used the much-valued reason to buy the book that can be used once a year.

I wonder if I found a good book next time, what will the reason be?

No comments:

Post a Comment