19 Jun 2018

Miscellaneous goods with scientific tastes

I like science and something that has scientific taste. I pay attention if I see some scientific designs, even if it's a thing that I usually am not interested in, I cannot control my curiosity. 

For example, I don't have much interest in accessories, but if it contains scientific ideas or designs, it's a different story. I use Twitter and I follow one Japanese (I don't know if it's he or she) who is on a doctoral course and makes very awesome accessories. Please take a look at his or her website (written in Japanese with photographs) below.

Hakusi-Katei
http://monolis.wixsite.com/hakusi-katei/creations


One of the accessories on the website I want is a "spectrum cube." This is a prism necklace. *It's the photograph fourth from the top on the left side on the above website. I've been wanting to buy it, but every time I notice it, unfortunately it's sold out. I also want to buy a "volvox necklace." I'm interested in biology, as I wrote before, I like to observe plankton or algae like Volvox by microscope and it would be nice if I could get one of those necklaces.

The second website I'll show you is "The Best Geek and Science Gifts."


https://www.geekwrapped.com/


This online shop sells not only scientific miscellaneous goods, they sell funny tools, and cutting-edge or useless but funny goods. It looks like a shop which is in a science museum. I haven't bought any on this website yet, maybe someday I'll buy something as a Christmas gift for myself.

The other things that I cannot resist are T-shirts that are printed with some kind of scientific symbols, numbers and pictures. One of my favorite T-shirts is the one that is printed with prime numbers. 

https://www.cafepress.com/+prime-numbers+t-shirts

I know this is my bad habit. I tend to think that T-shirts can be useful some day in the future even I don't need them now. I know I'm not a fortune teller, how can I predict that I will need them someday? So, I promised myself not to waste money for these kinds of T-shirts.


If you have an opportunity to see me and if I'm wearing a prime number T-shirt at the International Puzzle Party (IPP) or somewhere, please don't hesitate to point out that I broke my promise.

Unfortunately, I'm not able to attend the IPP38 this year. If you are going to attend it, it's a bit early to say from now but, enjoy your time in San Diego!


photo credit: hine Book cover Design: The Music that Prime Numbers Play via photopin (license)

No comments:

Post a Comment