19 Aug 2022

Where Is a Good Idea?

I'm making a marble run machine. This is a big project for me. Actually, it's a big one. The longest side is 120 cm (47.2 in).

I had been having an issue at the point of the most challenging structure, and recently I solved it. Therefore, I assumed I could proceed with my work, but things couldn't go as I wanted. I've got an unexpected issue again.

It's the mechanism of placing a ball in a particular position. It must put one ball at the suitable timing. I've designed the mechanism, but it was a bit complicated. I prefer a simple design. Simple is the best because a complicated design is difficult to make and easy to be broken.

Something complicated, seemingly difficult to think of. However, to accomplish the same target, thinking out the simplest mechanism is more arduous, and it's the best idea.

Therefore, I didn't like the design I had thought of. At that time, my husband suggested the other idea I had never thought of. It was elementary and seemed to work correctly.

Wow, that's a great idea!

However, I have a policy. I don't want to use someone's idea.
The idea was excellent, but once I heard it, one of my options was gone. If I didn't listen, I might have thought of a similar idea, but it's too late. Do you think I'm stubborn? Yes, I am. This is an important rule for me. Even if I could make something perfect by borrowing someone's idea, I don't think I could be happy because it hasn't been made with 100 per cent of my idea.

Inconveniently, a simple design doesn't exist a lot. This means it's getting more difficult than I could think of an idea.

Have any ideas fallen somewhere?

I sometimes think, why have I started making this? It should have been easier if I had decided to make a typical marble run machine. Make several rails and one mechanism to raise balls from the bottom to the top. That's it. Although I know I wouldn't be satisfied with an ordinary marble run machine. I have a particular one that I want to make.

Since I hit the wall, I've been thinking of a new idea. I don't know when I could think of it or maybe I couldn't. There's an option that I give up and use my husband's idea. 

I wonder when I could complete the marble run machine.

No comments:

Post a Comment